- Chris Isaak’s Almost Christmas Tour: A Rockin’ Holiday Treat
- P!nk’s Trustfall Tour: A High-Flying Spectacle of Rock and Soul
- Review: Ringo’s “All Starr Band” in Columbus, Ohio
- Breaking: Bruce Springsteen Cancels all 2023 concerts due to illness
- Gallery: ODESZA in Indianapolis
- “Bob Moses” in Indianapolis with ODESZA
Yes Founding Guitarist Peter Banks Dead at 65
Photo: Yes concert, Indianapolis, August 30, 1977, by Rick Dikeman
British pioneering guitarist Peter Banks has died. Best known for his work as the original guitarist in the seminal progressive rock band Yes, the musician passed away last Friday (March 8) at his home in London at the age of 65.
Peter Banks is best known for co-founding the rock band Yes with his former band mate Chris Squire in 1968 and played on the group’s self-titled debut album and the follow-up “Time and a Word.”
Banks quit the group in 1970 and formed a new band, Flash. He also performed and recorded with Zox & the Radar Boys, which featured a young Phil Collins according to Wikipedia reports.