INDIANA STATE FAIR OPENING
FREE STAGE PERFORMANCE LINEUP REMINDER
Indiana State Fair – July 30-August 22, 2021
The 2021 Indiana State Fair Free Stage lineup includes:
All artists, dates and times are subject to change without notice
- THIS FRIDAY: State Fair Yacht Rock Night with Atlanta Rhythm Section, Firefall & Orleans presented by Yacht Rock Radio – Friday, July 30
- THIS SATURDAY: John Waite and Kyle Cook of Matchbox Twenty, presented by IndianaRockHistory.com – Saturday, July 31
- THIS SUNDAY: Mary Mary, presented by WTLC FM – Sunday, August 1
- Josh Turner – Wednesday, August 4
- Run Forrest Run, Ultimate 90s Party Band – Thursday, August 5
- Noah Cyrus – Friday, August 6
- Blanco Brown – Saturday, August 7
- Kenny ‘Babyface’ Edmonds, presented by WTLC FM – Sunday, August 8
- for KING & COUNTRY – Wednesday, August 11
- TBA – Thursday, August 12
- Vince Neil of Mötley Crüe – Friday, August 13
- Home Free – Saturday, August 14
- Casting Crowns – Sunday, August 15
- Happy Together Tour featuring The Turtles, Gary Puckett & The Union Gap, The Association, Classics IV, The Vogues, The Cowsills – Wednesday, August 18
- Barracuda – America’s Heart Tribute – Thursday, August 19
- The Beach Boys – Friday, August 20
- Latino-Fest at the Indiana State Fair, presented by Radio Latina – featuring AK7, Banda Blanca and La sonora Dinamita de Columbia – Saturday, August 21
- Gospel Music Festival with headliner Hezekiah Walker, presented by WTLC AM & FM – Sunday, August 22
For more information, please visit www.indianastatefair.com
High Resolution Artist Images are Available by Request or By Visiting the Media Center Photo Gallery at www.IndianaStateFair.com.
Opening Weekend Artist Bios:
State Fair Yacht Rock Night with Atlanta Rhythm Section, Firefall, and Orleans presented by YachtRockRadio.com
Atlanta Rhythm Section: Atlanta Rhythm Section has entertained audiences all over the world with their many Top 10 hits. Along with contemporaries Lynyrd Skynyrd, they carry the mantle of “Southern Rock,” but by performing more musically diverse hits with a softer, pop flavor, they have a sound all their own. Hits include “So Into You,” “Imaginary Lover,” “Champagne Jam,” “Doraville,” “I’m Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight,” “Do It Or Die” and “Spooky”. With multiple gold and platinum albums to their credit, the band had top hits, “So Into You,” “Imaginary Lover,” “Doraville,” “I’m Not Gonna Let It Bother Me Tonight,” “Champagne Jam,” Angel,” “Do It Or Die” and “Spooky”.
Firefall: For founder Jock Bartley, Firefall is a 40-year labor of love. Their layered harmonies backed by driving rhythms transcends many genres from rock to country to AC and brought the band platinum and gold success with such hits as “You Are The Woman,” “Strange Way” and “Just Remember I Love You.” Other major Firefall radio hits include “Cinderella,” “Goodbye I Love You,” “Livin’ Ain’t Livin” and “Mexico.” Extensive touring with Fleetwood Mac, The Doobie Brothers, Chicago, America and many others.
Orleans: Praised by their peers for their songwriting skills, instrumental prowess and classic trademark harmonies, their iconic radio hits, including “Still The One,” “Dance With Me” and “Love Takes Time” still resonate with audiences of all ages thanks to continued airplay on Classic Rock radio, television, film and streaming services. ORLEANS has produced a body of work spanning 16 albums and several DVDs. They continue to be in great demand domestically and internationally for live shows, as they have been for nearly five decades.
John Waite and special guest Kyle Cook of Matchbox Twenty presented by IndianaRockHistory.com
John Waite’s career has spanned more than 35 years and has seen multi-platinum success, a GRAMMY® nomination, and a couple of number one singles. His success has come as a solo artist (“Missing You,” “Change”), as a member of the classic rockers The Babys (“Isn’t It Time,” “Everytime I Think of You,” “Back On My Feet Again”), and as a part of the late 1980s supergroup Bad English (“When I See You Smile,” “Price of Love”). In recent times, the title track from his album Rough & Tumble went number one on classic rock radio’s charts. The show opener will be the Kyle Cook Band. Cook, an Indiana native, has found international success as the lead guitar player in Matchbox Twenty and has recorded with the likes of Mick Jagger, among others.
The highly successful contemporary gospel group Mary Mary consists of sisters Erica and Tina Campbell, who were born and raised in California. During these years, they grew their passion for singing gospel music. Before long, they were offered a record deal and released the song “Dance” with Robin S and appeared on the Dr. Doolittle soundtrack in 1998. After collaborating on a few tracks, they released their debut single titled “Shackles (Praise You),” which became a Top 10 R&B and Top 40 Hot 100 hit. Their success continued with the release of their first full album, “Thankful” in 2000 and their self-titled album in 2005.
Powered by Facebook Comments